04 September, 2010

Jo'Mina

This is Illamasqua's Jo'Mina from the Body Electrics Collection. And I must say, I absolutely LOVE this color!

This was 2 coats. The polish is quite opaque but still needed 2 coats for even and completely coverage. The formula, however, was a little on the thick side. But manageable anyway.





The main thing I noticed about Illamasqua's polishes is their brush. It's quite unique because one side is more tapered than the other. When I first started painting with it, I wasn't sure which side to use and that kind of messed up my application... but I got the hang of it.

I didn't manage to get a picture of the brush but I will when I swatch the next Illamasqua! :)

Anyway, back to Jo'Mina. This color is really really beautiful. It doesn't look like it, but it's actually quite 'neon' because it sort of glows. Well, it doesn't exactly glow, but it's sort of bright-ish. It's no wonder it's in the Body Electrics Collection.





I think neon fits the description better. So I guess, I'd say this polish was semi-neon? =/

It's a bright purple, like in the first picture, but under certain light can look like it has a little bit of blue tinge to it, which makes it all the lovelier.

There are some specks of glitter on my fourth finger and pinkie. This was because there was some residual glitter from the brush of my top coat. I had no idea! But I've taken care of that problem.





I cannot stop raving about this polish, but I know that my pictures don't really do it justice. So maybe I'd write another post with it in the future (after I tried all my other polishes). Maybe maybe.

That's it for today. Thanks for reading! ❤

2 comments:

  1. This colour is a lot prettier than I thought it would be. Maybe I'll be taking a turn for the purple soon! Your nails are shaping up nicely too BTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should! Hehe purples are gorgeous! But then again, I am biased... lol. Thanks! I filed them down again to get a nice shape, so now I'm just waiting for them to grow out again. :P

    ReplyDelete